Thursday, October 14, 2010

Quarantine

Following up on the Pilgrims piece, while it was an excellent idea--in theory--to walk 25km on the Chemin de Compostelle on Saturday and to run 14.6km the following day with the Run Evasion Rhône, it was not an excellent idea in terms of my health.  I have spent the last three days sick and at home.  NOT my idea of a good time.  I won't go in to the sordid details about my condition (one word: mucus), but let's just say it isn't pretty.  I'm really not good with enforced down time.  I enjoy relaxing, don't get me wrong, but I hate it when I don't have the choice to do so, and I simply must, as the world goes on outside my windows.

I know, enough of the complaining.  It could be a lot worse.  Still... That doesn't change the fact that I have had LOTS of time to think about all of the people I miss back home and all the fun events I've missed going on here.  And it makes me sad.  Even if I sound like a whiney baby, that's the truth.  Quarantine sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment